BCMS Current State Assessment
“Companies that aren’t able to resume operations within ten days (of a disaster hit) are not likely to survive.”
(Strategic Research Institute)
Business Continuity Health check and Current State Assessment by Seven Step Consulting Business Continuity Services will help you identify where your organization is vulnerable and give you practical advice on how you can be prepared for any disruption.
It will also give an objective view of the current state of business continuity within the organization for:
- Determining the key business continuity objectives for their key business processes performance
- Take into consideration the mission and vision of the company, strategic goals, project portfolio, services, products, partnerships, and external relationships
- The organization’s current business continuity structure, roles and responsibilities, policies and risks
- The current IT environment including hardware, software applications, local area network
- Audit of current gaps with respect to the best practices for an information business continuity management system as laid down by BCM standards such as ISO 22301, ISO 22317 and NCEMA 7000 (in the UAE), FFIEC, BCI Good Practices, and NFPA 1600.
- Find out if there are any requirements from federal or international bodies, state authorities, or industry-specific regulations that your firm will need to adhere to.
The assignment is a preliminary consultancy and assessment service aimed at smaller organisations that can be delivered onsite /online.
It follows a risk-based approach for evaluating the effectiveness of an organization’s business continuity plans in line with the international business continuity management Standards such as ISO 22301, ISO 22317 and NCEMA 7000 (in the UAE) FFIEC, BCI Good Practices, and NFPA 1600.
The key deliverable of your BCMS Health Check by Seven Step Consulting Business Continuity Services is detailed report for your leadership team. It sets out in detail an evaluation and an audit of the following areas
- Your current business continuity risk environment
- Your current business continuity management programme
- Gap analysis of your BCM arrangements in relation to ISO 22301 and NCEMA 7000 (in the UAE)
- Provide your organization a prioritized strategic roadmap of recommended activities and solutions aimed at meeting internationally recognized best practices and key steps for improvement in your business continuity management (BCM) arrangements.
We will give your organization details of recommended actions, resources and support that must be developed as part of the overall business continuity architecture to help your management team develop an overall Business Continuity Management System that can be certified by a third-party auditor.
Your BCMS Current State Assessment (sometimes called current state analysis) is the first step in getting where you want to go.
Knowing where you are today gives you a clear picture of how far away your goal is and lets you begin planning a path to get there. It builds a solid foundation for the strategy that will drive your organization towards their goal of effective BCMS. To some our approach may seem “old school,” but time and time again it’s proven to be an investment that pays off many times over.
Listed below are some of the primary benefits of a current state analysis.
- To establish the baseline against which to benchmark the organization
- To collect baseline data as the input for a gap analysis
- To help establish the organization’s maturity level relative to a selected best practice
- To help the stakeholders make an informed decision
REACH US TO ENSURE THAT WHEN EVEN WHEN A CRISIS STRIKES, YOUR BUSINESS MUST GO ON AS USUAL.