External Network Pen Testing
External Network Penetration Testing (also known as External Pen Testing) is a type of security assessment that is designed to simulate an attack on an organization’s external network infrastructure. The goal of external pen testing is to identify vulnerabilities in an organization’s external network that could be exploited by attackers to gain unauthorized access to the organization’s systems and data.
The methodology for an external network pen test typically includes the following steps:
- Planning and Preparation: The assessment team will review the organization’s security policies and procedures, as well as any relevant regulations and industry standards. The team will also identify the scope of the assessment and the specific systems and processes that will be evaluated.
- Reconnaissance: The assessment team will conduct research on the organization’s external network infrastructure, such as IP addresses, domain names, and network topology to identify potential vulnerabilities that could be exploited by attackers.
- Vulnerability Assessment: The assessment team will use specialized tools and techniques to identify and evaluate potential vulnerabilities in the organization’s external network infrastructure.
- Penetration Testing: The assessment team will simulate an attack on the organization’s external network infrastructure, attempting to exploit identified vulnerabilities to gain unauthorized access to the organization’s systems and data.
- Reporting and Recommendations: After the assessment is complete, the assessment team will prepare a report that summarizes their findings and provides recommendations for addressing any identified vulnerabilities or compliance issues.
It is important to note that external pen testing shall be done with the consent of the organization and a non-disclosure agreement shall be signed to protect the organization’s information. Additionally, the assessment shall be conducted by experienced security professionals with knowledge and expertise in external network pen testing.
The deliverables and benefits of External Network Penetration Testing are similar to the ones of the DoS and DDoS assessment services, including: improved network security, protection against cyber-attacks, risk management, cost savings, improved business continuity. But the main difference is that external pen testing is focused on external network infrastructure vulnerabilities and identifying the potential access points for external attackers.
REACH US TO ENSURE THAT WHEN EVEN WHEN A CRISIS STRIKES, YOUR BUSINESS MUST GO ON AS USUAL.